Seite 4 von 7 ErsteErste ... 23456 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 46 bis 60 von 100

Thema: International Topic

Problems with Nvidia GEForce 8600GS - again...

Zitat Zitat von SailorSat Beitrag anzeigen
    Can't tell for sure.
    My old Hantarex MTC 9110 worked fine, so did my Polo 25".

On my current cab theres a Polo 16/9 33" that has problems with interlaces resolutions. But more like the fields are "switched" meaning instead of line 1-2-3-4 I see 2-1-4-3 etc.

As for that... Well If you get a good 640x480 on your intervideo I'd take a look on your hantarex.
    OK, I'll take a look at my Polo 28", I'll check the power supply and the capacitors.
    As for the fact that my GeForce 8600GS works even without a dongle at 640x288, do you have an explanation ?
    Note that it works only if I don't shutdown Windows properly (hard power off of the PC - i.e power fail).
    Thanks,

Matteo

H@ckse Avatar von SailorSat
    Maybe a new driver doesn't need the dongle or whatever
    Don't have a real explanation
    "Die mit dem Daytona" im Flipper- und Arcademuseum Seligenstadt/
    Ich mach das alles auch ohne Joystick ,)

Hi guys,

I have some questions.

I am in search for a videocard, because my onboard VGA doesn't work with soft15khz.

When I look at this thread, i see for example this post:
    http://community.arcadeinfo.de/showp...17&postcount=4

Which says:

Notes: Minimum Resolution is 320x240.

This means that all my games that are below that resolution won't work? When I look at my mame-games, I have tons of roms that are a little or more below that resolution. So they won't be playable with this videocard?

I have a standard arcade monitor, so my max progressive will be 240 * 320 right?

A standard resolution monitor can go much higher than 320x240.
    640x288 (@50Hz) should be the maximum in progressive mode.
    And 800x600 (@50) should be the maximum in interlace mode.

As for the "minimum resolution". That just means games that use lower resolutions will have black borders around them as they will get centered on the 320x240 screen.
    Geändert von SailorSat (02-09-2009 um 09:33 Uhr)

What do you mean with "standard monitor" because I have an arcade monitor from a neogeo machine, so I guess it will only work with 240 * 320 or lower, or 640 * 480 interlaced. So every video card listed in that topic will work, but some with the notes under it will make round borders around it instead of scaling it?

NeoGeo uses Standard Resolution Monitor (15kHz), and those can do more than just 320x240 / 640x480

None of the cards will scale the image. They will simply output the resolutions as any real arcade board does.

The cards that don't support certain lower resolutions (like the Matrox) will use the next best mode and leave the "missing" pixels black. (i.e. you want to play a 256x240 game, the card uses 320x240, and will have 32 pixels of "black" both left and right of the game screen)

Cool they really do more than 320 * 240? So I can play other emulated games that are higher then? Nice!

So the best for me to do now is to pick a videocard from the topic that hasn't got any problem with lower resolutions? Like for example the NVidia GeForce 7300GS?

Yep, thats right.

And when the 7300GS (according to the test) doesn't have any problems with any resolution mame games are, the 7300 normal edition and other editions of the 7300 will also don't have any problems? Because I don't want an overpowered videocard just to give me my image.

They should work fine.
    Just don't use the newest forceware, as newer forceware usually breaks something

Hey mate , i got my secondhand 7300LE Passive edition.

Do you want to upload your forceware drivers? Because I can't find the Forceware 168 anymore

many thanks

Thanks I already tried one below 168 you described.

What is the procedure then? Install soft15khz, and not plug any normal monitor anymore? And then put it to the JAMMA module? What resolution should I set windows before I stick it to my arcade monitor?

I really hope it works. It says 7200GS / 7300LE. Hope it is the same idea. as your 7300GS

It is 69 degrees without doing anything, because it is passive, so I maybe need some extra cooling . I don't will get any airflow in the arcade cabinet I think. I have it still in a pc case at the moment, still doubting between putting the case in the cabinet, or just the internal parts.

640x480 should be fine

Problems with Nvidia GEForce 8600GS - again...

Zitat Zitat von italiandoh Beitrag anzeigen
    OK, I'll take a look at my Polo 28", I'll check the power supply and the capacitors.
    As for the fact that my GeForce 8600GS works even without a dongle at 640x288, do you have an explanation ?
    Note that it works only if I don't shutdown Windows properly (hard power off of the PC - i.e power fail).
    Thanks,

Matteo
    OK, I had some time to work on this. I changed all electrolytic capacitors and checked all main supply voltages on the Polo, and they all look fine. The monitor works perfectly using a standard 15 kHz Jamma board (Street Fighter EX).
    When it comes to my Mamecab, I get a unacceptable vertical flicker when using interlaced resolutions. The flickering goes away if I reduce the vertical size of the picture to near the minimum (half vertical size) or if I stretch the image vertically well over the cinescope vertical size. Plus I get a black screen when trying to display any resolution below 300 horizontal lines. Is this normal for a GeForce 8600GS ? If these problems cannot be fixed, I'll buy a ATI video card.
    Please help if you can. Thanks.

Matteo
    Geändert von italiandoh (19-09-2009 um 13:05 Uhr)

Seite 4 von 7 ErsteErste ... 23456 ... LetzteLetzte