Seite 5 von 7 ErsteErste ... 34567 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 61 bis 75 von 100

Thema: International Topic

H@ckse Avatar von SailorSat
    Hm... Actually thats quite strange.
    Your 8600 either should work out of the box, or not show any resolution below 300 lines in quickres.

Strange...
    I'd recomend to get a Radeon HD 4350.
    They are pretty cheap, and work like charm without any fancy tricks.
    (and they would support DirectX10 though not very fast)
    "Die mit dem Daytona" im Flipper- und Arcademuseum Seligenstadt/
    Ich mach das alles auch ohne Joystick ,)

Question

I used the software on my pc (connected to an Arcade monitor) but my screen keeps going upward or, when I turn some settings on the monitor, it keeps going downward. How can I correct this issue??
    See also: http://www.youtube.com/watch_private...pJsrx5f09WzA==

Smile Radeon HD 4350

Zitat Zitat von SailorSat Beitrag anzeigen
    Hm... Actually thats quite strange.
    Your 8600 either should work out of the box, or not show any resolution below 300 lines in quickres.

Strange...
    I'd recomend to get a Radeon HD 4350.
    They are pretty cheap, and work like charm without any fancy tricks.
    (and they would support DirectX10 though not very fast)
    OK, I bought a Asus EAH4350 Silent and it's mostly working fine now.
    I also replaced the Polo 28" 15 kHz with a Selti 28" 15-25 kHz NOS that I found. Most resolutions are working now, but I still have some flickering when switching from one resolution to another while changing games. Sometimes I get a stable 640x480@60, sometimes not, even though it's way better than before. I don't know why is this.
    I installed Soft 15kHz for both 15 and 25 kHz. Games like Paperboy display quite well at 25 kHz, even though I see some flyback retrace lines in the upper part of the screen.
    Do you have any custom modelines to recommend for this graphic card ? Are there some custom modelines for games like Mortal Kombat or Tapper ?
    Thanks for all the help so far and congrats for your work.

Matteo

Unhappy

Zitat Zitat von italiandoh Beitrag anzeigen
    OK, I bought a Asus EAH4350 Silent and it's mostly working fine now.
    I also replaced the Polo 28" 15 kHz with a Selti 28" 15-25 kHz NOS that I found. Most resolutions are working now, but I still have some flickering when switching from one resolution to another while changing games. Sometimes I get a stable 640x480@60, sometimes not, even though it's way better than before. I don't know why is this.
    I installed Soft 15kHz for both 15 and 25 kHz. Games like Paperboy display quite well at 25 kHz, even though I see some flyback retrace lines in the upper part of the screen.
    Do you have any custom modelines to recommend for this graphic card ? Are there some custom modelines for games like Mortal Kombat or Tapper ?
    Thanks for all the help so far and congrats for your work.
    Matteo
    Hi,
    I would like to know if there is a solution for the video display problem I'm experiencing with interlaced resolutions. It looks like some lines are not correctly drawn by the monitor on the screen. The result is a flickering image with unreadable text on some lines. I can live with a little flickering but not with unreadable text.
    I've uploaded some screenshots here : http://picasaweb.google.it/italiandoh/MultigameCabinet# They show some Windows screens at 640x480@60 Hz.
    I used a Hantarex Polo 15 kHz on a 28" CRT and I was having this problem, only with interlaced resolution. A friend of mine with the same model of monitor (Hantarex Polo 15 kHz) and same CRT size doesn't have it. As I said in my previous posts here I've replaced the Polo with a Selti 25 kHz and the problem is the same (same CRT, 28"). Sometimes it goes away after the monitor has been on for hours.
    The Polo was recapped and is in perfect working order. The Selti is NOS, never used before and in good working order as far as I can tell.
    Everything works perfectly with non-interlaced resolutions, video is awesome.
    I've noticed that, if I adjust the VSYNC pot to the limit before going out of sync, the interlaced text on screen gets somewhat fixed and is correctly displayed. But I can't live with this setting because the monitor goes immediately out of sync when I change to another resolution. This is valid for both Polo and Selti chassis.
    My questions for you experts are:

- is this a common/known problem ?
    - what's the problem here, the CRT itself or the monitor electronic ?
    - is there a fix for this ?

Please advise if you can. Thanks in advance.

Matteo
    Geändert von italiandoh (05-01-2010 um 18:52 Uhr)

Hm... I've seen that problem myself.
    Infact my 33" Polo has exactly the same line problem.
    It looks like it hat the fields swaped -> line 2 -> line 1 -> line 4 -> line 3 etc.

However I have yet to find a solution as only THIS monitor hat the problem.
    My various smaller screens don't have this "bug".

Zitat Zitat von SailorSat Beitrag anzeigen
    Hm... I've seen that problem myself.
    Infact my 33" Polo has exactly the same line problem.
    It looks like it hat the fields swaped -> line 2 -> line 1 -> line 4 -> line 3 etc.

However I have yet to find a solution as only THIS monitor hat the problem.
    My various smaller screens don't have this "bug".
    Interesting to see that you are seeing the same problem with a big CRT. Mine is a 28", yours is a 33". My 14" CRT with Intervideo electronic that I use for testing is just perfect with 640x480@60 Hz.
    I don't understand why my friend doesn't see the problem with his 28" CRT and Hantarex Polo 15 KHz. The only difference is the PC HW apparently. He is using a Radeon 9800.
    Did you try adjusting VSYNC to the out of vsync limit to see if this fixes the bug on yours ?

Matteo

Geforce 7900GT

I have a system set up with a nvidia geforce 7900gt. So far, the newest forceware that works is 169.21. Nothing newer will allow me to use interlaced resolutions. So I've been using 169.21 and it looks great, when it works...

There's one problem though. Every once in a while (seems completely random, but only happens with 640x480 interlaced) the screen will just get garbled and I have to change resolutions and then change back to fix it, or unplug the vga cable and plug it back in. This will fix it, but sometimes it'll garble again a few seconds later and I'll repeat the process a few times until it stays put. As far as I know, this is a video problem and not a monitor problem. When the issue occurs, the sync light on my J-Pac flickers quickly showing that it isn't receiving a proper sync signal. I don't believe the J-pac is the problem either, since I've tried running it without the jumpers (which should disable any of the "intelligent" sync doubling stuff it does) and the issue still occurs.

Any ideas? Should I take a picture? I'll try the 163.75 drivers tonight and see if it still occurs. Besides that, I'm at a loss. I suppose it could be a power supply issue causing a momentary glitch in power and the video card to reset/corrupt or something.

Lastly, if I can't get anything to fix the issue, do you recommend an ATI video card over Nvidia now? I was thinking about the ATI HD5670.

More on flakey picture

I did some more troubleshooting, and it looks like the J-Pac may be the culprit. The J-Pac needs to be plugged in to usb in order to get 5 volts in order for anything to be displayed correctly. When the picture gets flakey, if I pull out the J-Pac usb cable and reconnect it, the picture goes back to its flawless self. Now I just need to figure out if the J-Pac, motherboard, or power supply is the problem.

P.S. I hope it's just the J-Pac...
    Geändert von dasfool (19-02-2010 um 09:28 Uhr)

Hm... As I never had any issue like that, it really looks like a j-pac issue.
    Try another USB Port, solving the problem may be as easy as that.

I've done a bit more playing around and it still seems to be occurring with other usb slots. I'm trying to see if there's some kind of method to the madness, but have yet to find any.

SailorSat, have you used a J-Pac before? Is there a way to use the J-Pac as a passthrough so I can check the video out without the J-Pac interfering? If I can passthrough, then it should show up with a stable image on the screen still (just a little dim since the signal won't be amplified), right? I mean, the J-Pac isn't doing any real video work besides brightening the image I think.

Yeah I used J-PACs myself.
    Sadly there is no passtrough except to "not jumper", and even that requires a "stable" power supply to the J-PAC.

Arcade Atze Avatar von apfelanni
    the first thing i try when probs with a jpac occur is change from usb to ps2 or ps2 to usb connector . maybe ur usb port is unstable or ur motherboard damaged. try other computer . for testing purpose i have an old multisync monitor laying around that can be fed directly via 15 khz capable vga card. some time ago one of my jpacs went down with a broken videochip . after replacing it was running good as new .
    resurrection always comes with a price ..

I've decided to put together a newer mame pc. All the stuff in the last one was pretty old. I'd like to go with one of the new ATI 5000 series cards since they have a nice low power requirement. Can anyone confirm soft15khz works with this series?

Also, I saw a post on another forum by SailorSat that soft15khz was working on windows 7 x64. Does the current build of soft15khz function properly with windows 7 x64 or is it still a work in progress?

Arcade Atze Avatar von apfelanni
    im gonna use a radeon 4350 in a current project . its fanless and running very nice with jpac in a cabinet enviroment and mamescart tv setup. if ure focus is on classics games u might get ur hands on one of those.

an onboard nvidea 7xxx graphics i checked some time ago was a real pain in da ass . the interlaced res didnt work out properly in my cab nor did it run with mamescart as expected. the only foolsafe nvideas i encountered so far were a 5200 geforce agp and a 6100 onboard graphics.
    Geändert von apfelanni (21-02-2010 um 14:28 Uhr)
    resurrection always comes with a price ..

Seite 5 von 7 ErsteErste ... 34567 LetzteLetzte