Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Thema: Photoplay Spirit 2.1 mit IGO 2?

Photoplay Spirit 2.1 mit IGO 2?

Hallo da,

Mein Deutsch ist so schlecht, ich mache das auf English, aber ich kann Deutsch lesen, so Antwort in Deutsch ist ok.

I have a Photoplay Spirit 2.1 with the 6WEV mainboard (celeron 366) and the USB dongle (runs the German 2006 Windows XP version),
    it's ok, but I rather like the older games, the DOS versions.

So I've bought a harddisk + dongle IGO2 (2002 version). They boot up fine, sound works, but the touchscreen does not work.
    I've tried COM1, COM2, COM3. As soon as I put it in COM3 it does not boot fully, I get a warning screen with 3 pictures on top (don't touch too hard and so on), clocks and a thermometer, 3 pictures on the bottom (what not to do), that's it, it doesn't go further.
    I've tried numerous settings on the COM ports in the BIOS. 3E8 seems the way to go for COM3 and I've tried both IRQ3 and IRQ4, always with the same result.
    Actually on my XP version the touchscreen was connected to COM2.

I also have the 2000 (non IGO) version with the same problem, although I did not try different ports on that version yet, just had it on COM2 and it did not work. On this version I did not have any sound when putting money in, but the credits did update. On the 2002 I had sound "welcome" when putting money in but the credits remained "0".

What are the correct settings for the old Photoplay games on my system? I really like to use the older games too.

Danke!
    Geändert von irix (21-10-2012 um 11:59 Uhr)

Hi

the problem is the touchscreen and the Dos Version. The Spirit 2.1 has an ELO Touchsystem. It is better and newer as the old Microtouch System. So i think you cannot use this old Dos Version on a Spritit because there are no Treiber Settings. You must have an Master Photoplay or a Photoplay 2000 Sytem for the old games.

best regards Marcel

Danke,

The original Spirit was with the 2001 update, so it should be able to do so and finally I did have it working, but only on the 2002-version.
    The 2000-version does not work at all. I do have some old PP-computer parts (mainboard, cards, cpus) and indeed there's a serial card specially for the touchscreen, so I think I have to drop the 2000 version and go and optimize the 2002-version (which also has the correct tile set for Shanghai).
    Currently working on upgrading the CPU for the Windows version and drop the harddisks (which make a lot of noise) and swap them for Compact Flash. Not really working great yet, but I think I will succeed

Hi try it with linux this is the way i did it. Then you can copy/clone the files from the Harddisk to an CF Card.

Cloning itself works fine, but it doesn't boot (yet). So I've made a PTS DOS floppy, booted from that, then go to the HDD (CF) and start AUTOPTS. (I did try fdisk /mbr but it doesn't exist in PTS DOS).
    Works fine and I was also able to locate the touchscreen drivers on the harddisk, so maybe I can build them into the 2000 version as well. Everything is scrambled however, but sometimes I can get the Photoplay software to quit and give me a DOS prompt, then everything is open and I can start copying stuff top floppies, then do the same to the 2000 version and try

Stichworte