Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2

Thema: Question about 15Khz on a Commodore 1084S-D1 Monitor

Question about 15Khz on a Commodore 1084S-D1 Monitor

Hello All,

I am about to have a VGA (15pin) to RGB (9pin) cable made specifically for me (according to the instructions found here). I also have a PC computer with Windows XP which has a nVidia 6200 AGP video card in it. I have couple of questions:

I have already installed the 15Khz utility (it detected my GPU and installed 15Khz), and lowered my resolution to 640x480 and have rebooted the Windows XP.

The simple instruction says that I should reboot and wait for Windows to boot back into the GUI environment, but I am not sure what to do next!

I have NOT connected my 1084S-D1 monitor yet, because I am not sure if there is any extra steps needed or not.

Should I connect my 1084S-D1 now and see if I can view Windows desktop and GUI on this monitor? Will it hurt my monitor?

Please let me know!

Thanks to SailorSat for his 15khz utility, andStedy and Desiv for helping me out! I ended up using the schematics posted by Stedy and asked the gentleman who was making the cable for me to follow that. It works!

Here are some screen-shots, but it has to be seen up close and personal, the difference between S-Video and RGB->VGA is day and night! The richness of the color, the natural "scanlines", and the overall glossy, shiny, and bright colorful sprites and images is beyond belief!

I am using PowerStrip to create resolution profiles for my 10804S-D1 (running at 320x240) and my modern DELL LCD at higher resolution, and maintain extended dual view setting.

I would really appreciate if you have tips and additional optimization that you can think of!

Thanks million again!