Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6

Thema: standard confused newbie <---here

standard confused newbie <---here

i'm trying to get my head wrapped round all this and it's getting clearer. there are a lot of posts between here and arcadecontrols. so here goes.

in the 15_25_31_35.txt file found in this post > http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/inde...1807#msg811807
    and from this link > http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/inde...0;attach=97071
    are all those modelines supposed to work in that big list? if so then why not include it with soft15khz?
    i've removed all the 31khz and 35(?)khz modes from that file and want to know if there is a quick way to convert that file for use in arcadevgares tool. or another windows tool for setting up per resolution game ini files that can use that file?
    why was the 15khz 1024x768 interlaced res removed?

i have a 15/25khz monitor (WG U5000 i think) switchable by jumper. i want to use a dpdt switch http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...lterValue=DPDT to switch back and forth between the 2 modes.
    do you know if the jumper can be switched while the monitor is on?
    can the jpac 25khz jumper be switched while on?
    is there a common resolution to both modes like 1024x768 interlaced for windows or 640x288 progressive for the frontend i could use when switching?
    i suppose it doesn't much matter since the jpac will block resolutions not set by the jumpers and i could just throw the switch after the game loads (assuming all this can be done).

thanks in advance. this is my first cabinet and i'm getting close to wrapping it up.

H@ckse Avatar von SailorSat
    All those modes should work. Please note that arcade monitors in general were NOT supposed to switch resolution every few minutes, so you may have to adjust your monitor position/size on some of them.

That list was not included per default as some drivers have a limit of "custom defined" resolutions. nvidia only supports 32. ATI supports 64 (cat 6.5) to 256 (cat 8.1) depending on the drivers.

1024x768 was not included as technically a 15kHz screen can't display it without scrolling, which not every card/driver combination supports.

Theres a jumper for 25kHz on the J-PAC
    Ich mach das alles auch ohne Joystick ,)

Premium Messie Platin Avatar von winni
    HI
    Dont know about software, but monitors!
    The WG U5000 can be used for 15 / 25 KHz deflection.
    The switching between the both resolutions is manual, not automatic.
    There are two connectors with several pins, and you have to unplug the harness und replug it in the other connector. Even using a multiswitch with enough wires would damage your line-out-stage.
    You have to decide for one resolution.
    Regards
    Winfried

looks like 15khz it is then.

thanks guys

any way to convert that file for use with arcadevgares or mame resolution tool?

Zitat Zitat von winni Beitrag anzeigen
    HI
    Dont know about software, but monitors!
    The WG U5000 can be used for 15 / 25 KHz deflection.
    The switching between the both resolutions is manual, not automatic.
    There are two connectors with several pins, and you have to unplug the harness und replug it in the other connector. Even using a multiswitch with enough wires would damage your line-out-stage.
    You have to decide for one resolution.
    Regards
    Winfried
    i don't know what a line-out-stage is but the jumper harness has only 2 wires connected to the PCB. the rest are just looped back to the harness. it could be as simple as powering down the monitor and using a switch to change. if the jpac was blocking out the signal per it's jumper settings, could the res be changed without powering down. then use a switch to change the jpac jumper?